Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Rust Woth Fixing?

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 26th November 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Rust Woth Fixing?

I bought a 97' Clio of a friend in May as a run around. I now have it sitting with 117000 miles and its the best piece of kit still going strong. It flew through MOT with only the front brake pads being changed and even the tester gave credit to it.

The one problem it does have is the rust patches above the rear wheel arches and a spot starting to show on the dip on the front bonnet.

As the car is in such good mechanical order and does me for work and flying around town, I have no reason to get rid of it. But the rust patches really do take the look away from it, even give it the scrapper look.

I have treated the rust to prevent it spreading but want to know is it worth fixing? I would take it to a local guy who's not to dear, but dont want to spend a huge amount if its something that cant really be fixed.

Are there any problems getting rust smoothed over fixed up? I'd just like the car to be sitting a bit more respectable than it currently does. (The missus barely lets me drive her in it!)

Currently in Frazer's garage:
2005 Mégane II 1.5dCi Dynamiqué
  5 Lastest Threads by Frazer
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Few queries: mirror/door handles/seat adjuster Interiors Frazer 1 425 15th April 2015 09:26 PM
Megane standard and 225 springs Steering and Suspension Frazer 5 719 14th April 2015 03:03 PM
Doing a service yourself Engines Frazer 7 929 23rd February 2015 02:25 PM
Hello all Welcome to RenaultForums Frazer 4 547 20th February 2015 08:10 AM
Clio II - Lack Of Blower Heat Heating & cooling Frazer 2 838 25th June 2012 09:39 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome