Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio Mk2 changing front head light bulbs

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 26th November 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Clio Mk2 changing front head light bulbs

Wonder if anyone there can offer me some advice. one of my front headlight bulbs was out so i went on the internet and bought a replacement set. When i went to change it i realised i'd ordered the wrong bulb (it's the twin headlamp so one dipped, one full) as i'd bought xenon bulbs and they're supposed to be brighter i figured i'd just stick them in anyway.

I then ordered the proper bulbs that i needed and i've swapped them over as well.

Now that i've put the new bulbs in, the only lights that come on are the sidelights, EXCEPT if i'm on full beam in which case the full light comes (it means the bulbs are working fine).

Simplistically i thought i'd go back to the start put in all the old bulbs and therefore have them all working bar 1, but this isn't the case i get exactly the same scenario (full beam only) using the old bulbs.

I'm kind of screwed at the moment because i obviously can't drive my car with no lights, so any advice would be greatly appreciated. (and no one needs mention that i'm a numpty because i'm completely aware of that now )
Currently in storrie's garage:
2001 Clio
  5 Lastest Threads by storrie
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Clio Mk2 changing front head light bulbs Clio Hapex 10 26949 26th November 2006 07:13 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome