Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - New Car - Lease it or Buy it?

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11th September 2013 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Question New Car - Lease it or Buy it?

Hello Friends

I have just got a new job and I'm thinking of a new car, before going ahead and committing to something this big, I thought I'd ask the experts on here.

I read some articles in regard to leasing vs buying a new car, and the article basically said something along the lines of:

"If the new car will only retain 36% of its original value, then leasing would be the economically smarter choice, on the other hand if the car will retain >60% of its original value, then buying the car is wiser."

What do you guys think of the above? Also how good do Renault cars keep up their original purchase price?

I am thinking of going for the New Clio Dynamique S MediaNav dCi 90 EDC Auto. I like the looks of it, and seems to be fuel efficient with low emissions.

I would greatly appreciate any help and advice.

Thank You.
Currently in Ciwan's garage:
Renault Laguna 2005 - 2 litre - Facelift Model
  5 Lastest Threads by Ciwan
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Dashboard Alerts - Renault Laguna 2005 Engines johnboyw 6 1073 5th June 2014 07:24 PM
Greetings from WY, England, UK. Welcome to RenaultForums johnboyw 5 814 4th June 2014 07:51 AM
New Car - Lease it or Buy it? Cars & motoring VelSatisfied 14 2049 11th September 2013 07:32 PM
Is my Renault Laguna the Facelift Model? Cars & motoring tonytango 4 1714 10th September 2013 04:29 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome