Thread: zoe
View Single Post
post #17 of (permalink) Old 12th September 2013
S.M.A.R.T.(y) Pants
Nominated 11 Times in 37 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 17
Thanked 2,467 Times in 1,851 Posts
Re: zoe

Companies shy away from such gestures as they can often be construed as an admission of liability.

Also, regarding reduction in price, there will always be scope for negotiation, certainly some garage or salesman hungry to hit a sales target (which brings about financial benefit to the garage) will often forgo some or all profit on the sale, just to clinch the deal.

It can make all difference, who in the dealership you speak to, or the time of the week/month you visit.

As a long-time subscriber & reader of What Car? magazine, I know that there are very few occasions where a customer should pay the full list price (all the more so in this economic climate), indeed, they offer a 'target price' service whereby if the dealer you visit can't meet the price the magazine suggests you should pay - they will put you in contact with one who will.

Such matters are quite rightly seen as 'dealer issues' and unless someone within the dealership has performed outwith the realms of the law, any complaint should be escalated within the dealership to the Dealer Principal, and it's expected to be resolved by them 'in-house', and not by the manufacturer (whose only involvement with the deal, was supplying the car).

It all goes back to earlier in the thread about each person/department in an organisation having a clearly-defined function/role.

The manufacturer builds & supplies the vehicles & parts, and the dealership sells & services them.

This job should never be complete - the day I think I've done it all, is the day I resign.

S.M.A.R.T. Technician
Currently in VelSatisfied's garage:
2005 FIAT Ducato 2.8JTD LWB Gran Volume, 2000 Kawasaki ZZR 1100 D7 'fullpower' in black + full GIVI & KAPPA luggage, 2007 MB R-Class 320 CDi Sport LWB uprated by Brabus to 300Bhp don't know if there's a 155mph limiter - will be fun finding out! 2004 Mercedes Vaneo 1.7 CDi Ambiente 7-seater
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome