Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - service cost bah :

View Single Post
post #18 of (permalink) Old 12th September 2013 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 6 Times in 17 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 5
Thanked 1,153 Times in 1,014 Posts
Re: service cost bah :

.No wolves in Ireland either.Yeh I know it,not a big cat fan tho.."dances with cats".

Lookin thru the service schedule, its kinda nasty: over 200 quid for an oil and filter change when you examine it(at your dealer).
The rest is just bs...We check to see if x y z are worn and anyone can do that.

Below 20k miles on mine ,the only items scheduled for change for guarantee purposes are the oil and oil filter.
From now ,I will have both changed at half the guarantee schedule.
Pollen filter is due,soon but the next thing is the fuel filter at 36k,by which time Id be out of the renault 3 year guarantee..
All the other usual stuff..wiper blades,maybe brake pads n discs n so on arent guarantee items but renault main dealer "cash generators"

Ill get my local guy to reset the service for around this time next year.May next year ill get the guarantee extended to May 2015,if it doesnt pass the NCT(Mot),its 4 years from first reg here, due then,ill want to know the reason why.
If its consumables like brake pads,discs, and so on tough sheet, but anything intrinsic will be questioned.
Currently in coup's garage:
RM III coupe 1.5dci FVT,Audi TT Mk1 ,a bike and too much rubbish.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome