Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Espace IV Shutdown - Help!

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 27th November 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Unhappy Espace IV Shutdown - Help!

Hi everbody

Does anyone know of a procedure to manually over ride the steering lock on an Espace IV when it decides to no longer accept either of its key cards?

It was working fine yesterday, but this morning would not open up to a press of the button. Followed manual entry procedure of unlocking N/S door with small key, which set the alarm off. Put card in slot to be told that 'the card is not recognised'.

Can't do anything with car and cannot get it recovered as it is on my drive without sufficient room to get recovery truck near it. We can't push it onto the road because the steering lock is on. Only option is to get it lifted onto truck with special equipment, which surprise surprise my breakdown cover does not extend to, as it is 'above and beyond' normal circumstances. (oh, and its expensive too...)

Before I hand over lots of cash does anyone have any ideas?

Many thanks indeed for any help.

Currently in david74's garage:
2003 Renault Grand Espace 2.2 dCI
  5 Lastest Threads by david74
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Espace IV Shutdown - Help! Electronics Nick Espace 2.2dci 01 5 1517 27th November 2006 11:44 AM
Renault Espace IV Cycle Carrier Cycling Club Truckbusuk 2 2099 7th November 2006 12:51 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome