Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - megane immobiliser problem

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 27th November 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
well I ended up having no car for 5 days. When I changed my batteries, the remote stopped working full stop, which meant it would not disable the immobiliser and thus the car would not move an inch.
I got the code to override the immobiliser from renault when i went up with my registration certificate & passport & driving licence. The guy told me though that putting this into the car to start it can mess up the car's computer ( ECU ). So I put it in the once and drove it straight to them.
They phoned me later after doing a diagnostic check and apparently my key was just broken. With no real explaination other than - 'oh its just not working as it must have lost the memory'.
I had to leave the car with them while they ordered me a new key at the cost of 70 for the key, 30 to programme it and then + vat = 117, but at least now i got the car back and it is working, with a years warranty on my new key!
Hope you dont have the same problem as its frustrating after only buying the car!
Currently in chris1megane's garage:
98 Ren Megane Coupe
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome