Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna 2 "No Fault Logged"

View Single Post
post #24 of (permalink) Old 19th October 2005
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
Follow-up time again. I have my car back 'mended', and my blood pressure is more or less back down to normal (well normal for me anyway.)

The dealer initially claimed that they could find nothing wrong, apart from some very fine misting. I suppose this could be what turned into the drip once the ignition was off, but both myself and the RAC man had witnessed it dripping with the engine running, and the smell of petrol was overpowering from 50 yards away.

Certainly nothing was said to admit liability, but I suppose that's common sense in an increasingly litigious country. It still strikes me as astronomically unlikely that this is a coincidence, although it may have been an unforseeable consequence of having the work done (I believe quite a few things have to be removed to get at the fuel rail.)

Oh and I even got the plastic trim back on the engine that was left off last time around. I'm pretty sure it's the same one that was removed - the scuffs and dirt certainly look familiar, though I can't say I took that much notice of them beforehand.

But the best news is that the old girl is going into retirement earlier than expected. There should be a 55 plate Initiale sitting in the same spot this time next week. My local mobile towbar fitter has been brilliant in changing plans at short notice, and will have the car ready to tow by the weekend. I'm not sure that towing a caravan is the best way to run in a brand new engine, but it is a diesel so it should be able to cope.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome