Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - New Car - Lease it or Buy it?

View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 14th September 2013
Platinum member
Nominated 14 Times in 11 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Re: New Car - Lease it or Buy it?

Originally Posted by Blue Triangle View Post
Just a small point to bear in mind.

I leased a car several years ago - part of a company opt out deal so I thought they're paying, I'm having a fancy car!

3 years later the car goes back, gets inspected and I get a bill for almost 2grand to put it back to 'show room' condition!!

Basically 100k miles in and around the London area had done no favours to the wheels, bumpers and mirrors, not forgetting stone chips in bonnets and lights etc.

I call that a 'hidden' cost but bear in mind the leasing companies are very selective in the condition that it goes back in.

I'm back on the company car scheme for obvious reasons!!!! I may not have a fancy Merc anymore but I'll not be paying for every stone chip either!

just by chance i said about this to the mrs 2 people at her work place have and had a lease car one would never do it again due to the cost of getting the car in good condition before she handed it back mind you cheaper than letting the lease firm do the work the other is dreading the day she has to take it back
Currently in bugsb's garage:
MGF 1.8 1999/ honda hrv 2002/ x type jag se 2005
The Following User Says Thank You to bugsb For This Useful Post:
Blue Triangle (14th September 2013)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome