Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Windscreen Wipers stopped working! Help

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 28th November 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Exclamation Windscreen Wipers stopped working! Help

Hi all

ok i'm new here but i've been driving my trusty fidji for about 4 years now and never had an issue, it runs great, whatever the weather.

Recently though i began to notice that the windscreen wipers would just go slow for a while, itermitantly they would speed back up work 100%. I just thought it was due to wind or sticky nasty spray from the roads that were making the blades go slow. So before leaveing for home last night i wiped the blades with a cloth and cleaned the windscreen - and lights thourghly. This seemed to do the trick and i drove home in torrental rain.

Thjis morning on the way back to work they appeared a little sluggish but were manageing fine until about 20mins drive from work when the blades suddenly stuck virticaly on the windscreen.

i drove acarefully into work and checked them in the carpark
  • wipers no life.
  • wiper squirts - fine
  • power to windscreen wipers - well theres a click when i hit the switch so ok - i think (no way to test really as i don't have any tools - insert v clever ideas here!).
  • rear wipers - fine
  • rear wiper squirts - fine

all lights in dash fine and other switchs not effecting the wiper problem.

Anyone got any idea what i can do to fix it before i go home? (local garage can get parts but cann't do anything for a couple of days - only 1 garage in the village)

thanks in advance - any suggestions would be gratefully recieved!!!
Currently in stickygoblin's garage:
Renault Megane Fidji 2001
  5 Lastest Threads by stickygoblin
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Fidji 2001 Pot Hole Damage - Camber Angle Steering and Suspension stickygoblin 2 961 12th October 2007 08:27 AM
Windscreen Wipers stopped working! Help Bodywork Corkboy 16 20691 28th November 2006 09:02 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome