Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Plastic trim at top left and right corners of clio

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 28th November 2006 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Plastic trim at top left and right corners of clio

Something Ive wondered about clio' know at the top left and right corners of the windscreen there is a plasticy rubber trim that runs across the windscreen and from above either sides door and they overlap....Ive noticed on loads of other clios (including mine) that the overlapping sections seem to start 'peeling' off and pointing upwards, I stuck mine down with superglue but the queation is this..

Do you know if that trim is just cosmetic or is it actually important for keeping rain etc out?

Just seems a bit strange that if it was important no one seems to make a fuss about them

Ive tried explaining what they are as best I could but if anyone doesnt know let me know and ill send a pic or something
Currently in eddeh's garage:
2000 Renault Clio Sport 1.4
  5 Lastest Threads by eddeh
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Crack/Twang over certain bumps Steering and Suspension tahitian954 8 2329 18th July 2011 02:37 PM
Bearings...again?! Wheels & tyres eddeh 4 1343 2nd November 2010 02:14 PM
Do you really have to change both shock absorbers... Steering and Suspension rob_k 6 8388 18th March 2010 10:47 AM
MOT Lambda sensor... failed then passed Engines Lagdti 25 5485 7th July 2009 11:13 AM
"num num num" sound when driving... Wheels & tyres madnoel10 20 3341 15th April 2009 11:01 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome