Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - newbie Laguna fan...

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 19th October 2005
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by jpfrost

I'm new here so please be gentle!

I am very interested in the Laguna Sport Tourer 2.2 DCi, but the two things putting me off are the reports of constant faults and poor dealer service.

Are the cars really any worse than any other model? Are the New Laguna (2005) models supposed to be any more reliable?
In my experience some dealers are bad and some much better, so i guess you have to find a good one and stick with them - is there a poll anywhere of the good ones? (My nearest is Aylesbury - anyone had any experience with them?)

You have hit the nail on the head there. NO I don't think Lagunas (or Renault) are any worse than any other model or make. No matter where you look there will be someone somewhere who has had a bad experience, even Mercedes are not immune from poor cars and dealers- (ask my father in law).

As long as you do your homework and look at several cars before you buy, buy the car YOU want, not the ones somebody else on a forum tells you to buy. I would buy from a garage rather than privately and make sure you get at least 12mths warranty if not buying brand new.

Currently in SportTourer's garage:
2010 Laguna III SportTourer Initiale Tom Tom.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome