Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - service cost bah :

View Single Post
post #21 of (permalink) Old 16th September 2013
Renoir White
Platinum Member located in the UK
Technical Supremo
Nominated 9 Times in 16 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 32
Thanked 1,445 Times in 1,200 Posts
Re: service cost bah :

Originally Posted by coup View Post
The oil changer(trainee)took the filter off without draining the oil first.
I wouldn't think it makes any difference, more likely the 'apprentice' forgot about the filter holding residual oil and carelessly tipped it the wrong way. Sometimes spillage cannot be avoided where access is awkward but its only right that the spillage should've been wiped up before the car was returned to you. It doesn't show the garage in the best light for taking pride in their work. As you say it stains your driveway and all the crud sticks to it, and a car of your age shouldn't be leaving snail trails on the pavement.
I always drain the sump oil first but there have been times when I wish I'd done it the other way around particularly when you have a filter that will not undo and resists all persuasion of a filter wrench (if all else fails a screwdriver thru the canister has worked every time - but only as a last resort).
Currently in Renoir White's garage:
Renault Trafic 1.7 Petrol Vauxhall Astra 1.4i & in bits Triumph Bonneville T140E & H-D XLH1200
The Following User Says Thank You to Renoir White For This Useful Post:
coup (16th September 2013)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome