Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic I - Heater Fan Fix

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 29th November 2006 Thread Starter
Barney O
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Fan will come off!

Yep, I had the same problem, it must have been the the first time it had come off since the car was built. I found that a bit of brute force and ignorance...and a push towards the front of the car helped. Its the same type of connection as the centre duct but right angled and the end of it faces towards you, therefore a good hard push away from the dash will do it.
Regarding the blower motor, I read the Haynes manuel and thought the same...but then thought even harder about what the the Renault bill would be and had a go.
It loosens up OK, but no matter what position I got it in, I could not get the bottom lip of the blower motor case past the lower left dash mounting stud, hence having to undo the lower and upper dash mounting nuts and hacksaw about 10mm off the lower bracket, leaving the stud untouched.
Once off, you can gently prise the motor out of the plastic caseing, its held in by the rubber 'blocks', a pressure fit. You can then clean up the commutator and brushes, if yours is anything like mine then they will need it!
Good luck mate!
Currently in Barney O's garage:
1999 Scenic (mk1) 1.6 RT Alize
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome