Independent Renault Forums banner

Renault Scenic - Recall Information

11K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  53scenic 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone,
I received a safety recall notice today from Renault - regarding a possible fault in the welding on the front seat frames. - Has anyone else heard about this?
It is a 2003 Scenic II
Thanks for any info

#4 ·
Hi 53scenic,

I have not had any contact about this recall but I have a 05 Scenic II so maybe only affecting early models.

My car was in the workshop for 3 days last week, Warranty work.

I have a very good relationship with the Dealership and feel they would have mentioned this to me.

Keep us posted with any further details you can get.

Regards

Ottoman

I have had a number of safety recalls on the car.

The rear seat belt clips, Having to be refitted, adhesive applied. Apparently they could have came lose. This takes about 6 hours adhesive to harden.

Window clips fitted, stops windows dropping, I suspect this was to prevent damage to mechanism, thus saving Renault paying for replacements

Brake pedal , Loss of braking possible, Not applicable to my car.

#8 ·
Just an update - I spoke to Renault today and apparently the seat issue is a new one. They said it might not apply but they want to check - The time they require if they need to carry out the work is 9hrs!
They also said there were two other recalls outstanding on my car - both again depending on when they check it - one was the front windows and the other the brake pedal - so I will now book it in at some point and let you know the outcome!

The seat recall code is Campaign:r2006/177

Regards
53scenic

#11 ·
Just an update: - Renault had my Scenic in for the recalls - They just kept it the one day - Apparently they checked the brake pedal linkage - which involved looking at a split pin!
Checking the welding on the front seat frames and taking out the front door glass and doing something to the runners - which I am not convinced has been touched! - The car was washed though!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.