Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Desperate, Please Help!!!!

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 30th November 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Unhappy Desperate, Please Help!!!!

Sorry, I'm sure similar posts already exist but I didn't know where to post..

I've been having an ongoing battle with my renault clio. Its 1996 with a manual sunroof. There was an obvious hole between the rubber seal and someone suggested vaseline. Tried this but didn't work so resulted in the whole exterior of the sunroof being sealed with window glazer. We assumed this had worked and the car has been unused for a few weeks but parked outside. Went to pick car up yesterday and it's drenched. Been told it could be the arial leaking but have taken off plastic moulding and the arial seems dry, sunroof still seems damp though and there is a hell of a lot of water in the roof cavity. I am going to try sealing it from the inside also, but when driving it you can see water dripping form up there (was coming through where interior light is but that has now been removed).

Another problem is that as the seats have been wet, they are starting to grow mould spores. Also the underneath where the front driver and passenger seats are, there are puddles of water. Am trying to get it sheltered to stop any further water coming in. Will the sealer on the inside of the sunroof help? I will try door seals also just in case. Am running out of ideas and car is becoming unusable. Don't want to have to get rid as otherwise its a great little runner and dispite damp issues, still starts up first time! Can anyone offer any advice??

Currently in pixiejovo's garage:
1996 Renault Clio 1.2 Versailles
  5 Lastest Threads by pixiejovo
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Drainage do I get to them? Clio 3 3715 30th November 2006 04:40 PM
Desperate, Please Help!!!! Clio davesss 5 2056 30th November 2006 01:59 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome