Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - check brake system

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 19th September 2013 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Smile Re: check brake system

relented and took car to main dealer to check fault, first told no fault showing and save money and not have work done. (very honest) I insisted there was a fault as after driving 4 miles the warning came up on dash and the spanner light came on. so agreed to pay for diagnostic check. the mechanic took car for test drive to make the fault occur and then did diagnostic check before fault cleared. no fault showed up! But I must say the mechanic persevered and located the cause of the problem. The problem was with the brake light switch, somehow it had got stuck. He managed to reset the switch and reactivate the cruise control etc. Took 1.5 hrs and cost 69.95 inc vat. Must say that for a main Dealer I was very impressed with the attention to detail and honesty + the talk with the mechanic that explained the problem in great detail. So if you have a Renault and live in Ayrshire I recommend Parks of Ayr excellent service!
Currently in guymccrum's garage:
2008 laguna III sportwaggon
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome