Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna sticking brakes

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 22nd September 2013 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Laguna sticking brakes

Hi. I have a Renault Laguna 2002 estate (Dynamique 16v) and the brakes on the right side are sticking-on - particularly the right rear. Sometimes get home from only a short run and this wheel is extremly hot - too hot to touch for long. Anyway, was chatting with someone who queried whether it was the handbrake or footbrake sticking. I thought the problem must be with the callipers and it makes no odds whether I am operating the handbrake or footbrake but since then and for about the last two weeks I have been using the car without ever operating the handbrake (even when parked) and non of the brakes are sticking and wheels remain nice and cold. Can anyone suggest where the problem might lie and what part might be needed? Thanks.
Currently in Houndog's garage:
2002 Laguna 1.8 estate
  5 Lastest Threads by Houndog
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Intrument display/radio knocked out Electronics TTT 11 2141 4th January 2014 05:33 PM
Laguna sticking brakes Brakes/Hubs mimiata 3 1184 22nd September 2013 02:24 PM
Rear windscreen wiper problem Bodywork Skumlerud 3 1146 19th May 2013 12:01 PM
My first Renault and likely my last General Chat ChrisGiles 12 2220 1st December 2012 06:50 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome