Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 03 Laguna Electrics Packed In?

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 2nd December 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Originally Posted by Frazer View Post

I'm posting this on behalf of a friend.

He has a 2003 Laguna 1.9 dCi. He left the window open one night and the next morning the car was soaked inside.

Since then the electric windows has stopped working, the wipers have stopped working and the small screen with picture of a car beside the speedo which tells when doors are open has gone!

He knows it's because the rain has probably got in, but wants to know if you have any ideas what the exact problem may be, how to fix it and probable cost.

Luckily he has the use of another car at present and with it being so close to Xmas doesn't want to splash out a huge amount of cash if he can help it.

BUMP! BUMP! Sorry nobody has replied to this one. My tuppence worth..... (and I'm no expert)

In one sentence, you need to dry out anything that's had water on it before you try anything else.

Check the fuses. There is a panel of them inside the off-side front door-pillar(at least there is on my 02reg V6). There may also be cable-harnesses under the seats if it has electric seats, and these can come apart when the seat is moved all the way back. It's a painstaking job to check what has been soaked and what hasn't. Spray WD40 (where safe -usually not on circuit-boards-) to displace the moisture and hope for the best. A good hair-drier might help (but not too close to electronics -overheat these and you've fried them-).

Good luck!
Currently in vass20's garage:
Citroen Relay 2.2 HDi + Citroen C4 1.6 HDi EGS
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome