Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio ph 1 windscreen wiper washers not working

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 2nd December 2006
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Problem Solved!!

I've been checking back here for answers for a few weeks, but I just thought I'd let you know that I've solved the problem!

Having bought a new wiper stalk and changed all the relays from a breakers yard I was a bit stumped. I'd already checked the wiper fuses but they were all fine.

Anyway, half hour studying the Haynes manual led me to the wiring diagrams at the back. The auxillary circut for the wipers also serves the cigar lighter and and the horn.

I decided to check they were both working and found a penny stuck in the bottom of the cigar lighter. I then checked the fuses for the same and found the cigar lighter one to be blown.

When I replaced it it blew straightaway so I removed the penny, stuck a new one in and hey presto!

Yours might not be the same thing, but you should definatley check fuse nos 8,9 and 14 in the passenger fuse box as they are on the same circuit. NB the fuse numbering starts on the top left and counts along the top, and starts with no 5 on the left of the bottom row.

Anyway good luck!! Let me know if you're still stuck after trying this and I'll see if I can think of anything else as I've been looking into this for quite some time now!

Currently in marknewman's garage:
renault clio rl

Last edited by marknewman; 3rd December 2006 at 04:03 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome