Join Date: Jan 2006
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts
I think the gadget show did a piece about electronic bits of kit being splashed or immersed in water, the first thing they did was to remove any power source, eg battery, they said don,t try to switch the unit on, try and dismantle as much of the affected componants as poss and apply gentle heat (hair dryer low setting) or stick them in the airing cupboard.
I think most if not all the gadgets sprang back into life.
Like vass said a spray of WD40 or simular would'nt hurt
Currently in polecat's garage:
LAGUNA II H/B V6 INITIALE / VW GOLF R32 MKV