Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna II goodness for a change!

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 25th September 2013 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Laguna II goodness for a change!

Well seeing as I always read bad news concerning many Lagunas on this forum, I thought I would redress the balance and report on how happy I've been with mine during the first month of ownership.

After getting rid of the previous Laguna with the intermittent fault, I did what you should never do and went and bought the current car in the dark. And bought an auto that I never wanted, but I couldn't do without a motor-not even for a day, so didn't really have much choice.

However, the guy I bought it from turned out to be totally honest, and the car in the daylight is straight and decent looking, so luckily my gamble paid off. I had to do a few jobs like replace the window regulators, clear the sunroof drains, replace the heater motor and keycard reader (these were all cheap), oh and there's a warning message comes on occasionally about the cat being faulty but tbh it doesn't annoy me enough to worry about it until MOT time next year.

So in the first month of ownership I've done over 3000 miles and it hasn't missed a beat (touch wood), loads of stop/start journeys and mostly averaging 33mpg, everything works as it should and the car has been a pleasure to drive. Could do with V6 performance in an ideal world, but I doubt driving round town I'd be getting 33mpg. And as for not wanting an auto, I'm actually used to it now and it's very relaxing/lazy lol

So for the pennies this car cost I doubt I could have got better for the money, and here is one happy Laguna owner
Currently in Soulboy's garage:
2006 Lag estate 2.0 T Initiale
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soulboy For This Useful Post:
dave_mezza2006 (25th September 2013), madnoel10 (25th September 2013)
  5 Lastest Threads by Soulboy
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Lag 2 won't turnover..... Engines Soulboy 7 949 21st April 2014 08:17 PM
Laguna amplifier In-car entertainment Soulboy 0 561 16th April 2014 07:43 PM
Vibration through steering wheel Steering and Suspension Mike H025 11 2691 29th March 2014 04:19 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome