Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Braking Stutter/Vibrating and wheel wobble?

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 26th September 2013 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Braking Stutter/Vibrating and wheel wobble?

Hello again folks. Anyone have any idea on this one?

See a previous posts by me here in another thread I created.

Re: Pirelli P7s Part Worn
Just noticed this morning and on the way home from work that there is a bit of a vibration in the brake pedal?

It only seems to kick in when the car is coming to a stop and not when braking slowly from say 40mph down to 10 or similar. It seems literally only when I'm bringing the car to a standstill.

I don't think the actual car is vibrating just the pedal???

Is this something to do with this change of tyres? They are on 8 days today

Any idea's folks? Cheers

Reply from alnapone

Wheel nuts not tight . Worth checking.

Sorry I am just replying. Finally got the wee ones sorted and in to bed haha.

Thanks for all your help and effort with this one folks, once again you go out of your way to help someone out. Massively appreciated.

I went around all the wheels one by one, starting with the passenger side front and then going to drivers side front then drivers side back. All were fine. I first took of the little hud cap thing and then loosened the locking nut before checking all the remaining nuts. All seemed fine although with some I managed to get another little tighten on them, not much at all though. I then preceded to tightening the locking nut before placing the little hud cap cover on again and tightening that up.

Started to think, feck this, something bigger is gonna be wrong with the car! lol

So anyway, got to the passenger side back wheel, removed the little hud cap cover and to my horror, right away I could see that the locking nut was not tightened at all! It had more or less been inserted by hand and maybe turned by hand once or twice (you know the standard kind of procedure before taking the wrench to it and tightening it up). Unfeckinbelievable! I will be phoning to make a complaint.

So I preceded to tighten the locking nut up, put the hud cover on and took it out for a spin. The result when braking - the pedal vibration is gone!

So I take it this was the problem then?

Cheers a lot folks

Ok after doing all that it seemed to be sorted but now it seems back again and I might be a bit paranoid here but I think there may be a slight wheel wobble when hitting around 70mph on the motorway.

The car is definitely juddering/stuttering to stop when braking. No noise though although the brakes did start squeeking when braking around 5/6 months ago? That doesn't seem to happen anymore. I checked all the wheels last night and none of the nuts are loose as was the case previous to this.

Thanks for an help on this folks. Sorry for the long post but just want to inform as much as I can. Cheers
Currently in Rama78's garage:
2007 Renault Megane Dynamique 1.6

Last edited by Rama78; 26th September 2013 at 01:28 PM.
  5 Lastest Threads by Rama78
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Inside Heater/Blower has stopped working :-( Heating & cooling Rama78 7 675 16th November 2015 09:24 AM
Towbar and electrics? Electronics Rama78 4 857 19th March 2015 10:49 PM
Car wouldn't start this morning Fixed!! Engines Rama78 23 1909 20th February 2015 09:25 AM
Which bulb? One not working. Please help Electronics TazzyK 10 1892 3rd January 2014 01:13 PM
Service done. Right oil used? Oil/fuel filter... Engines Dancingdad 26 3200 31st December 2013 09:59 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome