Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 2003 Laguna Sat Nav - I NEED HELP!!!

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 3rd December 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
I've not had this system in over 12 months, and I'm starting to forget the details of how it works, but I think the voice is supposed to come out of the speaker that's below and to the right of the steering column (maybe someone else can confirm.) It could be something as simple as a faulty speaker or a loose connection to it. I'm guessing your 03 plate won't have the check control system voice synthesizer (they dropped it in late 2002.) It's a shame, because that would be an easy way to test the spekaer.

Other than that, grab a set of DIN-E removal tools from Halfords and pop both the stereo and sat-nav control units out. Make sure that all of the connectors are properly seated and then put them back in (there can be a degree of trial and error and cursing involved in getting the units back in place, as the wires tend to get trapped behind them - don't be tempted to force them!)

It could concievably be a loose connection on the back of the CD reader too. You might be able to check them if you can climb head first into the passenger footwell, otherwise you'll need a fairly stubby T20 Torx screwdriver to remove the glovebox lining (one centre screw and four clips round the outer edges) and the brackets for the sat-nav CD reader.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome