Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio 1.2 electrics

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 3rd December 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Clio 1.2 electrics

Hi, new to this forum so hope posted in the right place.
Have a clio reg '01 1.2 16v. Back in June electic warning light was on intermittently, took it to a local garage and they did the diagnostic testing and changed the throttle sensor.
Week or so later light came back on intermittently, but if reved the engine would go. (when light on lack of power hard to accelerate and get out of second). In sept, took it to another garage who picked up the same problem so changed the throttle sensor again.
Few days after, light on again same prob lack of power, took it back to the same garage, they said it was know the crankshaft (sensor?) and so changed that.
Few days after light back on again but now permanantly on.
Have now taken it to a Renault garage, and they did the diagnostic testing again and said was very complex to find out problem, but come up with wiring loom and will cost 470.
What i would like advice on is, whether you think this should have been picked up earlier or whether the previous faults could be genuninly problem at the time, but this is an additional problem?
Just seems that I have been paying out for same problem to be fixed only for it to reoccur.
Please let me know your thoughts and thanks in advance!
Currently in lozza's garage:
2001 renault clio expression 1.2 16v
  5 Lastest Threads by lozza
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Clio 1.2 electrics Electronics Gogslad 7 1415 3rd December 2006 06:20 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome