Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna 2l 16V RXT bodywork damaged after dephaser fitted

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 27th September 2013 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Laguna 2l 16V RXT bodywork damaged after dephaser fitted

Hello guys

Please help, I am very distressed since I got my car back this morning after a dephaser replacement.

The authorised service and repair agents have a very bad reputation among myself and people I know.

I have been working on my many Renaults since the early 60's but with the Laguna, many repairs are beyond my capabilities and I'm also now on the wrong side of 70 so I'm more or less compelled to rely on private mechanics working from small workshops or home.

The day before yesterday, I gave a dephaser replacement job to a mech who worked as a senior qualified?? mech at the local Renault agents.

The dephaser was fitted and I got the old part back in a box together with my repaired car this morning.

I was very impressed with the fast service until I saw the doorsill on the car's LEFT front side was bulging out. Looking underneath, I saw that my car was jacked up away from the jacking point and partly on the door sill (I'm not sure if my terminology for this body part is correct).

My pics show quite a lot of damage near the jacking point underneath as you can see.

I haven't yet paid the mech the full amount for the work done as he was in a hurry to deliver another of his customers' cars.

Anyway, I called him about the damage and he pleaded innocence in a hesitant tone of voice.

My questions are: Why jack my car on the PASSENGER side for a dephaser replacement?

Is lifting Lagunas even required for dephaser replacement?

I looked at the jacking point on the right front and see absolutely no sign that a jack had been used except for some finger prints in the brake dust on the righthand front wheel.

The damage done on the left side looks major to me. I don't know if the buckled part is plastic or metal. How can that dent near the jacking point under the car be repaired?

The damage done here is as a result of utmost and premium grade stupidity and carelessness. I doubt if anyone totally without any mechanical car experience would do this.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6040.JPG
Views:	34
Size:	154.1 KB
ID:	25770   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6041.JPG
Views:	45
Size:	153.6 KB
ID:	25778   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6043.JPG
Views:	45
Size:	110.6 KB
ID:	25786  
Currently in 11TXE's garage:
2000 Renault Laguna RXT

Last edited by 11TXE; 27th September 2013 at 05:02 PM.
  5 Lastest Threads by 11TXE
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Annual Vintage Car Show, Timour Hall Cape Town General Chat 11TXE 2 727 19th January 2014 06:24 PM
Laguna 1 2.0l 16V RXT SERVICE Light Illuminated Electronics 11TXE 4 1261 16th January 2014 10:06 AM
Laguna RXT Cabin Fan Fuse Problem Electronics 11TXE 0 700 22nd October 2013 09:26 PM
Engine Oil Changing Gadget Tools 11TXE 0 2228 29th September 2013 05:30 PM
What to ask of a Panelbeater for this repair? Bodywork coup 19 3736 29th September 2013 04:51 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome