Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna 2l 16V RXT bodywork damaged after dephaser fitted

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 28th September 2013 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Laguna 2l 16V RXT bodywork damaged after dephaser fitted

Originally Posted by madnoel10 View Post
You need to remove the right front wheel to access the timing belt, etc. It may be the car was on a ramp and the jacking blocks were incorrectly positioned.
Hello madnoel

That may well be, thanks.

What I find difficult to understand is that a bloke who claimed to have been a qualified Renault mechanic in an authorised Renault workshop and arriving here complete with Renault diagnostic software and laptop, can be so bloody stupid and not knowing how to raise a car safely whether on ramps, trolley jacks or whatever.

The damage occurred at his home workshop which he proudly invited me to have a look at, when he collected my car for the dephaser replacement. I went with him as I needed to go somewhere else near the bloke's place.

Anyway, he arrived here this morning, quite contrite and offered to pay for the damage which will be determined on Monday. As he had a young assistant with him when the pair came to collect my car, I asked him this morning during a fairly civilised conversation - if it wasn't the assistant who caused the problem and he replied "no".

So here we have a bloke who can replace dephasers but doesn't know how to position jacks under cars. Strangely, the damage is at left front whereas the righthand side shows no evidence of a jack having been near the jacking point.

Other irritations after the job is that the bloke moved my electric seats (I haven't entered the position in memory) and broke my last ignition key.

If you have any advice or opinion regarding repairing the body damage, I woulkd be much obliged but to me, the body repair job looks difficult with the outer metal 'skin' damaged and more damage under the car near the jack point. I looked a few times already but I see no access points for panelbeaters' tools.

Anyway, I am about to go for a quick drive with the missus to try out my repaired engine which now for the first time in a year, sounds healthy and quiet.

Currently in 11TXE's garage:
2000 Renault Laguna RXT
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome