Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna 2l 16V RXT bodywork damaged after dephaser fitted

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 28th September 2013
Technical Supremo

Nominated 16 Times in 67 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 28
Thanked 5,199 Times in 4,711 Posts
Re: Laguna 2l 16V RXT bodywork damaged after dephaser fitted

Well at least the so-called expert has admitted liability and you can't blame him for needing to move the seat if he needed to be able to drive the car safely. I once broke a tail-light on a customers Citroen whilst reversing it into a garage. I had adjusted the seat but hadn't ensured it was secure and when I pressed the brake the seat jumped backwards on its rails causing my foot to slip off the brake pedal. I admitted it was my fault and the light was replaced. When the customer came to collect the car I informed him exactly what had happened.

His parting words were - "sorry I should have told you the drivers seat was faultyand it doesn't always lock in position correctly"

When it comes to any workman skills and carefulness don't always go hand in hand. Pressure to get the jiob done quickly and all that.

I have came across many so-called dealer trained technicians but after speaking to some of them and seeing some of their work I wouldn't let them within a mile of my car. There are some good ones out there but sadly they are few and far between.

Hope you get your car sorted - good luck.
Currently in madnoel10's garage:
Honda Civic 1.4l
The Following User Says Thank You to madnoel10 For This Useful Post:
11TXE (28th September 2013)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome