Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - TDC Sensor Replacement (with pictures!)

View Single Post
post #287 of (permalink) Old 28th September 2013
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: TDC Sensor Replacement (with pictures!)

Hello all
My story, short version, hopefully.
I own a scenic MK2 1.6 16V from 2003. Beside the usual cut-off in the cold mornings or after a longer break, few days ago a "check emission" error just pop up. Then after another day the car refused to start at all, no matter what. I have changed the coils , no luck. Cleaned the TDC sensor and bingo...
For the people interested I will add some pics from the operation.If you remove the battery tray is quite easy and accessible.
However this did not solved the cut-offs when cold.Beside changing the plugs (which I intend to do) I am out of ideas how to solve this. Also the "check emmision" error is still there? Do I need to go at the garage to have it deleted or it will disappear when the cause is solved? And speaking about diagnostic, maybe you know, where is the OBD2 connector on this model?
One last problem.Working around the battery I found this cable (see last pic). It is coming from the motor and going nowhere? Maybe you can help me to identify?
Many thanks upfront..

Currently in paultbg's garage:
2003 Laguna II 1.8 16V Privilege
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome