Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - What I hate about driving...

View Single Post
post #243 of (permalink) Old 4th December 2006
The AA Man
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

Well that was interesting reading..

Smart cars,,,did you know it is illegal for them to park at 90 degrees to the road? Not showing reflectors to the rear is the infringement! Same applies to motorcycles parked at 90 degrees and vehicles parked on the wrong side of the road. Remember reflectors must face on-comming traffic at all times whilst parked. Even in daylight.....

As to driving standards,,,,

I am licensed to drive virtually anything on the road from mopeds to artics. I had cause to take another test the other week to gain a private hire license. Now I have a friend who teaches driving instructors to instruct. He agreed to take me out on a Sunday and to look for any faults I may have picked up. He let me drive for about an hour, town, country and motorway stuff. We then pulled in and he went through his list. Top of the list was signals, I signal too much I was told!!!!DO NOT SIGNAL unless YOU think it may be of use to someone.......WHAT????? does that mean I ask. Well the official answer is... whilst you are messing about looking for the indicators / looking in the mirror your eyes are not on the road ahead???????? Well if this is the way they teach people to pass the test then no wonder we have morons thundering around the highways not giving a toss about others.......

Oh and whilst I am on about it.....the official line is that new drivers are only taught to pass the driving test... they are NOT taught to drive.........that, apparently would be too difficult / expensive..
Currently in The AA Man's garage:
Renault E-space 2000cc petrol no a/c
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome