Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - How to Remove Accelerator Pedal & Potentiometer

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 29th September 2013
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: How to Remove Accelerator Pedal & Potentiometer

Originally Posted by leehump1 View Post
I thought I would quickly post to state how I removed the accelerator pedal on my 2004 1.6 VVT Megane. It was quite simple. I wanted to check the potentiometer was connected correctly. I took some photographs. Firstly I remove the trim below the steering column including the side trim where the airbag switch is. This gives you good access. I would suggest the job is impossible if you don't do this. Then it is simply a case of undoing the 2 x 13mm bolts which hold the pedal in place and unclipping the connector which goes into the potentiometer. I removed this from the pedal assembly and gave it a good dousing of WD40 (what good that will do i'm not sure as it appears to be a sealed unit but I was hoping some may penetrate where the lever enters the housing). It took maybe 60 minutes in total to take out and put back in. I took some photos which are attached, one of the potentiometer on its own, one of the pedal assembly on it's own and one of the whole assembly in place showing the 2 bolts required to undo it. Regards, Lee.
Can I ask what was the problem with it for you to take it of ? Regards neale .
Currently in Nelson6711's garage:
Megane 2 convertable
The Following User Says Thank You to Nelson6711 For This Useful Post:
megleics (23rd February 2015)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome