Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Coupe Bumper inserts

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 1st October 2013
Platinum member
Nominated 6 Times in 17 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 5
Thanked 1,153 Times in 1,014 Posts
Re: Coupe Bumper inserts

Hi Rob n wellcome,
This isnt in the right section,n will probably be moved.

The "fangs" can apparently be removed with the bumper on.
I only took off the black plastic mini bumpers that stick out of the fangs,to vinyl wrap them.
I covered that in some post way back (feel free to search ). They have to come out anyway.

Ahmed24 in one of his posts said the fangs can be removed from the front and gave a rough idea on how to do it.
Personally If I was going to do any wrapping etc again on the front Id take off the whole front bumper to get at all the pieces from the back.
Its not that difficult to do.
8 10mm bolts on the bottom,6 pscrews on top,4 screws (2 each side)where the wheelarch liner is attachedto the arch,2 10 mm bolts (one each side)where the front is attached to the metal wing panels.
Slide the headlamps forward to get at those.All thats left then is 2 plastic rivets ,one at each end of the front section underneath.
I got that far myself but didnt want to cut the rivets, cos car is under guarantee,Id do it next time tho!

How badl is the damage?
You might consider wrapping or partial wrapping with black carbon vinyl or even chrome vinyl.

Im not too gone on just black painted "fangs".To me it doesnt look like an rs or a gt line.more like the non coupe versions which are black there anyway,but up to you.

Heres a bit of chrome wrap.
I may buy some more and try the whole thing but Id take off the whole front and wrap them individually.Black vinyl wrap is easier to put on and if I was going black, Id definitely use that on the fangs rather than black paint.

Chameleon vinyl wrap.
Currently in coup's garage:
RM III coupe 1.5dci FVT,Audi TT Mk1 ,a bike and too much rubbish.

Last edited by coup; 1st October 2013 at 09:21 AM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome