Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Help Help Help Please

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 5th December 2006 Thread Starter
steve denoon
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
2002 Laguna 1.9dci
2nd owner
FRSH 18524 / 36452 / 54451Fully synthetic oil asked for
I stated in my last post that car went for service and the garage Ness Motors Inverness told me the intercooler was blown. They paid 20% of the cost. I phoned RCS a few days later to say that i was not happy with 20%. (The service manager said that it would not be covered under OTS because the intercooler had nothing to do with the turbo !! he said he would phone RCS and call me back. He called back and said RCS would pay 20 %) When I spoke to RCS they said that no-one from Ness Motors had been in touch!!! I suspect the turbo to be at fault as there is slight hesitation at 1800 - 2000 rpm a wee bit smokey and fuel consumption has dropped from 55mpg to 35mpg since the service last week. RCS said they would look into this for me and get back in touch.
Ness Motors phoned me this morning not sounding too happy that I had been in touch with RCS and asked me to come in and speak with the sevice manager.
Am I right in saying that it sounds like the turbo is about to give up the ghost??? Having read through this forum I think I am right and would like to thank everyone for the great advice and the time given by all.
I want to be 100% sure before I go and see the service manager at the garage that I am right so any reasurance greatfully received.
Many thanks again and if I can be of any help in return please let me know. Steve D

PS Are there any other symptoms of impending turbo failure which I may not have noticed?????
Currently in steve denoon's garage:
renault laguna 2002 1.9dci
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome