Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Reset electronic handbrake,LOOK HERE

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 2nd October 2013
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thumbs up Re: Reset electronic handbrake,LOOK HERE

Originally Posted by reddevilman View Post
Hi, Was talking to renault tech who let slip how to reset the electronic parking brake on my grand scenic without going to dealer,this works if you have had to pull the yellow emergency handle in rear which i have had to do this week.

renault guy says providing there are no faults

turn your ignition on without starting engine, have drivers door openand press lock button on keycard
put keycard in reader and press start button for 5 seconds.
pull large part of manual handbrake handle and push small button with red light without letting go of larger handle and you should hear the handbrake motor reset some time you will have to do

let me know if this works it did with mine even though on my dash it is saying parking brake fault, i had to do it with my car in first as there is a fault wih my parking break but it still seems to reset.
hi there ty for this tip it worked spot on,
I did as you said left door open ,while sat in car locked door ,then put key ingnition,then at the same same time press and hold start button for 5 sec with left finger while with right push small button on handbrake in and pull out handle out ,5 sec later alarm gone off dash ,3 days now and not returned after reading a lot of posts on here ive saved myself a lot of money thankyou ever so much
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome