Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Help Help Help Please

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 5th December 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
There is a detailed thread on this subject including email address that I gave to another member. He had been fobbed off too but after following the advice he obtained 95% subsidy. They also paid 100% of repairs to ensueing damages resulting from the intercooler failure, as I remember. Please read the details of his case before accepting anything less and be advised that the turbo Will blow very soon.

Check the car's history for any work that has already been done to the turbo and related parts; a good dealer should be able to give you a print-out if you haven't already got one.

The outcome will most likely be full replacement but they will use a reconditioned turbo and a modified intercooler. Most knowledgeable members here will tell you that there are other odds and sods that need changing like modified pipes for instance.

How come this happened when the car went in for servicing? Are you sure they didn't damage it in the workshop. Surely you would have noticed the difference.

Anyhow, see if you can find the thread and I'll have a gander too and post the link if I can find it. I have actually quoted this case more than once with good results.

This is one of the links referred to: See page 4 for the result of 95% and 100%.

HONDO wrote many moons ago:

I just got this from elsewhere, it prolly gives a more accurate reflection on the price of parts including the EGR valve, it won't make you smile, but I hope it helps.

A new Garrett turbo alone is over £1000 and the car will also need a new intercooler, modified turbo oil feed pipes, Mk ll Pierburg EGR valve (£280) and a new catalyst as it will have been contaminated with oil . Ancilliaries plus 100% synthetic oil will come to a further £100 or so and labour will be about £324. I would have thought that the bill should have been closer to £3000 if the job had been done properly
Currently in vass20's garage:
Citroen Relay 2.2 HDi + Citroen C4 1.6 HDi EGS

Last edited by vass20; 5th December 2006 at 10:52 PM. Reason: Added link
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome