Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna Rear Demister

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 21st October 2005
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
No worries! This one was a bit slower unfortunately.

The connector that I'm certain of is behind the plastic moulding on the left hand side of the passenger footwell, directly ahead of the door. Memory's a bit sketchy on this one, but it should be pretty obvious which bits you need to unscrew or remove to get at it. I've a feeling that I just pulled out the beading and gave it a tug.

I was just looking for connections for the reversing and rear fog lights to do my own towbar wiring and a towbar fitter that I know told me that this was the best place to find them. I can't swear that the heated rear window connection is in there too, but it did appear to carry a lot of wires, so I assumed it was the main front to rear wiring loom.

I know the Laguna II has another multipole connector behind the side boot trim. The Laguna I probably has one too, but I never needed to look.

Just a thought: Have you tried testing the voltage at the positive connector of the heated rear window with respect to the vehicle body? It might be worth checking with the element disconnected too to see if you can get 12v without load - this could indicate a loose or corroded connection as opposed to an actual break (i.e. a fuse you've missed.)

Also, have you checked every fuse in the fuse box? Sometimes faults like this can be caused by a seemingly unrelated fuse failing.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome