Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Help Help Help Please

View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 6th December 2006 Thread Starter
steve denoon
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Just a quick update
Went in to see the service manager (steve) at Ness Motors. I explained to him that I thought that the car was showing signs of a faulty turbo . I said to him that the reason that the intercooler had burst was probably due to oil getting in to it from the turbo . Steve then went on to tell me that the reason the intercooler had burst was nothing to do with the turbo !! but was due to the fact that it was the old style of intercooler which there are problems with and Renault have recognised this and put bands on new ones. He said if the turbo was on its way out it would be making a really loud whistling and there would be high oil usage.
He said my car was showing no signs and symptons of a failing turbo and the reason that my MPG has almost halved is probably due to faulty injectors or something else (just not the turbo )
Then he went on to try and bamboozle me with technical terms about why the engine management light could come on and the hesitation at 1800 - 2000k rpm etc etc. After that he then said just book the car in so we can have a look to see why the mpg has dropped. I hate getting fobbed off and having the p**s taken.
Is there a way to test or see if the turbo is in the stages of demise.

PS Thanks Vass20 I think I have found the link but not 100% sure but sounds kind of like it.
BTW if Ness Motors had damaged the intercooler themselves then surely they would have replaced it and owned up to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Currently in steve denoon's garage:
renault laguna 2002 1.9dci
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome