Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio 1.2 Dynamique - starting problems !

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 7th December 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Clio 1.2 Dynamique - starting problems !

Hello all,

Joined this forum out of sheer desparation - my wife's Clio is driving me insane !!!!

The car is a Clio 1.2 Dynamique (Petrol) on a 51 plate - the car was bought from new and no modifications have been made.
It has done just over 27000 miles in its 5 years - it's used infrequently as we moved right next to where my wife works just after we purchased it.

Towards the end of October 06, it started to randomly conk-out and we noticed that, when starting the car, a light on the dashboard (the one with the coil - odd for a Petrol engine ?) didn't go out before getting the engine started.
At the beginning of Nov 06, the car proved difficult to start (if it would at all !) and, when it did, the car wouldn't rev above 2000rpm.
When I attempted to drive it the 13miles to Wests (Renault dealer) in Cambridge it wouldn't start at all and the nice RAC man who called couldn't get it going either.
Eventually, we got the car towed to Wests (with no help from Wests themselves - thanks !) and were told that a new Throttle Assembly was required as a/the Throttle Sensor had malfunctioned = 590 !!!!
We had to get the car back on the road and, as we were given no alternative, we had the Assembly replaced and all seemed fine.
This morning, I've moved the car round to the front of the house (to fit the ISOfix baby-seat thing) and the car started on the 7th attempt and YET AGAIN it won't rev above 2000rpm.

I'm reluctant to try to drive it to Wests as, if I breakdown, I'll have to call the RAC out again (upping next years premium) and there's no way of me getting home again.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be - I'm desparate to get to the bottom of this as Renault themselves appear to be having problems while we foot the bill each time they try.
Currently in virtual_analog's garage:
Ford Mondeo TDCi 2.0l
  5 Lastest Threads by virtual_analog
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Clio 1.2 Dynamique - starting problems ! Clio Graemep 7 4632 7th December 2006 10:06 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome