Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault - Scenic II - Window Regulator Brackets/Clips

View Single Post
post #100 of (permalink) Old 9th October 2013
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault - Scenic II - Window Regulator Brackets/Clips

Hi there. A while ago my son shut the front passenger door on our 2004 Scenic a little too enthusiastically, and the window clip bit the dust.
The window slid down so my wife tried to close it. Unfortunately this then tangled up and damaged the cables inside the door. I replaced the clip and the cables using the excellent instructions on this thread, but when I came to try it out the window would only move up inch by inch. The window would go down fine. Tried the reset trick of holding the switch for five seconds, but it still behaves the same.

This led me to think the regulator itself was on the blink, so I replaced that with one from ebay earlier today (I can confirm the new window clips are much stronger -it was a proper battle to get the glass out of the new one!). I tested it out again, only to find that it's doing exactly the same thing. Goes down fine, but will only go up about an inch and then stops. Have to keep operating the switch to get it to the top of the frame.

Now is it likely I've bought a dud regulator, or is there something else that could be causing the problem?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Currently in Macadoodle's garage:
Renault Scenic II 1.9 dci
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome