Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Megane Immobiliser Code Entry

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 7th December 2006
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
How to put immobiliser code into megane rt(infared type )

Firstly the story:

I called Renault in Burton on trent about immobiliser code, they said yes they will supply at £17.95, just bring in Reg document and 3 proves of my address, IE: electric, gas bills, driving licence or passport, no problem!! but as i live in loughborough, went to my nearest renault and asked for the code, they said no way!!, you will have to bring in your car @£40 +vat for half an hour, as we cannot give the code to you,"security reason", i then stated that renault have authorised all dealership to give the code after supplying the above documents, Loughborough dealership then contacted whoever and i waited 10 minutes for them to receive by fax a letter to say if they are allowed to give the codes, 10 minutes later fax came and they apologised and gave me the code, i stood my ground, now loughborough dealer now about it, if you have this problem with your local Renault dealer then ask them to contact either of these dealership,

Now how to put the code in:
lets say the code is 7231

1. Put the key in and switch the ignition on.

2. The Immobiliser light flashes quickly.

3. Press the door central locking switch in and hold for about 3 seconds the light will go off (dont matter if you hold the locking side or the opening side, have tested both)(Door locking switch is underneath the hazard light switch).

4. it will then flash at second interval, count the flashes, once it has flashed 7 time, let go of the central door switch (first code entered)

5. Press the door central locking switch in again and hold.

6. it will then flash at second interval, again, count the flashes, once it has flashed 2 time let go of the central door switch (second code entered).

7. Do the same to the last 2 codes, and the red light in center of dash will go out and then back on, and stay lit without blinking, now your car will start.

8. You must do this every time you want to start the car after removal of key or the ignition is switched off, (immobiliser becomes active after 10 seconds, this is incase you stall the car, so after 10 seconds your car is immobilised).

9.One more thing, if you miss count the flashes, just switch the ignition off and start again.

Hope this helps everyone with infared immobiliser problem.
on megane rt, or rtdt i belive it works on clio and lugana with infared type key , i cannot think, why not as they use the same system

As an electronics and computer engineer logically this should be a permenant cheap solution.

Finally this works for me today 07/12/06: D
Currently in RoberEvans's garage:
Renault megane
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome