Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Air recirculating flap clicking ~ FIX

View Single Post
post #55 of (permalink) Old 10th October 2013
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Air recirculating flap clicking ~ FIX

for anyone with a megane II with climate control. had the same clicking noise at start up. located the recirculation flap, and removed the motor from the flap drive shaft (3 screws). It appears to have a torque limiting feature on the motor so it clicks!! if the flap is jammed or stiff.

put the car ignition on and exercised the motor several times, then for the last time stop when the master key lines up with the flap drive shaft (plastic). Took a small screwdriver and inserted it into one of the slots on the flap driveshaft, a bit fiddly but stick with it and exercised the flap 10 times and also lubed what i could see of the shaft with silicone spray. refitted the motor, ignition on,fan on medium speed no clicking, select the recirculation button and you can hear the flap moving from open to closed.

My car is a left hooker so not sure what the access is like with a steering column in the way, i had to remove the glove box but it all didn't take any longer than an hour including a cuppa
Currently in Rob191's garage:
2004 renault megane 1.6 CC
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome