Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #241 of (permalink) Old 8th December 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Originally Posted by jjclio View Post

Hello, my gf is yet another victim of this "unique" Clio problem.

The insurers have taken the car away now so fingers crossed they will fix it, THEN I think we will have to apply to Renault for the excess and no-claims costs.

I have read through this thread and I am horrified - we had no idea about this issue and may not have bought the car had we known.

Luckily a neighbour went off to work after commiserating with us and a colleague of hers had seen the Watchdog show - hence I found this forum by googling clio bonnet help or some such thing.

I will have to check back to see what to do but for now, thanks to all posters.

Hello JJ and welcome to the forum!
I am of course sorry to hear of this mishap but as you have already discovered, you are not alone. Please look through the forum and pick out the bits that interest you; that is what they are there for.

This forum has a search facility (see the toolbar at the top) that is quite useful if you search for bonnet. The threads may be lengthy but necessarily so. You will find enough here to encourage you to take a firm stand and avoid being fobbed off.

Welcome again and please keep us informed.

Currently in vass20's garage:
Citroen Relay 2.2 HDi + Citroen C4 1.6 HDi EGS
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome