Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Water in driver and passenger footwell

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12th October 2013
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Water in driver and passenger footwell

hi found this on

Expert: rickyrenaultreplied 9 months ago.

rickyrenault : Hello are you talking about the drains for the sunroof?
Customer: no, we don't have a sunroof on mine, it is the drain from the aircon / washer water etc that you can hear sloshing behind the dashboard

rickyrenault : In this case you will have to remove the two wiper arms (2 16 mill nuts) remove the plastic scuttle panel and if you look in there behind the tops of the struts you will see two rubber things they will be blocked up with leaves and dirt. Lift out as much as you can and the water will start running out then run a couple of watering cans full of water down each rubber end and it will be perfect
Customer: ok, we'll give it a go tomorrow. How will flushing with water help when there is already water stuck in there?

Customer: (You can hear it sloshing when you go round a corner)

rickyrenault : When u lift out all the leaves etc the water will run out running more water through it will clean the pipes and let the water run more freely in future. Good luck
Customer: And if it is blocked the other end, where do we find it to clear that part? (my car gets very muddy and I'm concerned both ends may be blocked)

rickyrenault : It won't be blocked cause the other end is protected by the inner guard that's why you where unable to see it cause it is inside the inner guard and in not accessible. If however it is blocked (I have never seen the other end blocked) I would reccomend blowing it through from the top with an airline it's all you can really do. I think you will be able to sort it quite easily
Customer: ok thanks, XXXXX XXXXX well give it a toot with an airline anyway, just for luck ;-) thanks for your help!

rickyrenault : No problem pal good luck cheers
Currently in shanks63's garage:
04 scenic
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome