Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Interiors - Electric Window Problems - Regulator Repairs

View Single Post
post #370 of (permalink) Old 13th October 2013
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Laguna II - Interiors - Electric Window Problems - Regulator Repairs

All sorts of different failure mechanisms I've had.
Mine has had rust seizing and hence breaking a cable, and later failure of same system sheared the three lugs off the spiral cable wheel.
When I got the car, the blue sliders had broken so the cable had pulled out of the slider.
And the other less likely failure from when I got my car is a failure that makes the windows "only work sometimes" is the motor missing completely.

So for me, the failures are spread around the system (though I do think the rust cable might be common) and so I keep the unused/unbroken bits from one repair to support the next repair.

Definitely agree with the comment earlier; if you hear nasty noises, get the window closed and leave it alone until you do the repair. Minimises the damage, and extends the time before panic to close the window causes even more damage.
Currently in Tolak's garage:
2001 Laguna II 1.9 dCi Dynamique, 1993 Clio Williams, (1999 SLK230, now gone), 2007 A4 cabriolet
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome