Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 1999 Laguna Steaming Up Windows

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 9th December 2006
Banned User
Curveball Champion
Nominated 9 Times in 16 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 10
Thanked 3,511 Times in 2,879 Posts
Originally Posted by adamsy16 View Post
Thanks guys,Just checked the pollen filter and its black and very,very blocked.

Car has full renault service history,so Carnt say much about the service there.
so can't say much about the service
It's funny you should say that, my car's done just over 21k miles at 18k I had a full service & last week my car had to go back in because I felt the heater wasn't working as good as it should.

Renault telephone me saying the pollen filter needed changing, £47.00 odd quid

Having in mind the fact that I'd had a full service 3K miles ago. I asked why wasn't it changed then. The guy said the pollen filter was an optional item. I asked "Wouldn't it be nice and a good idea, if at the time I was made aware of what the options are"

Because they were also trying to find a rattle, I told the guy who was now pressing me for the £47 quid I'd ring him back and let him know.

I telephoned another dealer who said they always change the pollen filter @ 18k miles, it's part of the job.

I then telephoned RCS who confirmed the fact that that the pollen filter should have been changed @ the 18k service, the guy at RCS asked which dealer I used, and followed this up with "Would you like me to give them a call on your behalf" I replied "You bet I would thanx"

30 minutes later I had a call from my stealer saying they would change the £47 quid pollen filter free of charge. Makes you wonder doesn't it.
Currently in hondo's garage:
1.6 Valve-Matic SR. Red hot, toasty feet.

Last edited by hondo; 9th December 2006 at 07:19 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome