Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Instrument diagnostic

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 26th July 2005
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by Horatio
I don't know if this one is common knowledge. I found it by accident on my 2002 Laguna, and it works on my wife's 2002 Clio too.

Start with the key or card removed.
Hold the trip computer button on the end of the wiper stalk
Insert the card, or insert the key and turn it to (I think) the first position
All of the dials will go crazy... Watch and enjoy! If you like, you can take a photo of your dash with 160mph showing on the speedo!

Pressing the button on the end of the stalk will cycle through various displays, including the fuel tank contents in litres. If your dash has the graphic warning/fault display, this will also cycle between different faults to prove that the various coloured backlight bulbs are working.
To reset, just remove the card or turn the key back to the off position. Normality will resume next time you insert the card or turn the key.
I've heard of this trick before, apparently it also tells you what software version is installed on the car.

When do you get the new 05 Lag ? You'll have to let us know what its like. Whether they have improved on older versions or not? I haven't made my mind up if I like the new style front grille or not yet.
Currently in SportTourer's garage:
2010 Laguna III SportTourer Initiale Tom Tom.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome