Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #247 of (permalink) Old 10th December 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Originally Posted by Meesh View Post
Vass 20
"I was not aware that you had suffered injuries"

Because of the impact and fright I jerked pulling and twisting my neck and back, wasn't too bad at the time but a few days later I was in agony, I was signed off work. Iv been experiencing awful nightmares since the accident about the accident it's self and what could have happened, causing me to turn into a bit of a wreak at times, I have been diagnosed with 'Post traumatic Stress disorder' Sorry to hear that and I hope you are better very soon.

"the FOI act allows whoever to hide behind curtains of pretence. I had similar if not stronger rights to personal information held by Norwich Union"

Norwich Union is covered under the Data Protection Act as they are a private company. The Freedom of Information Act applies to government bodies so it is not as easy for them to come up with an excuse not to give me the info. If they do decline to give me the information I will be appealing to the Information Commissioner. I have studied the FOI Act and as far as I can see they do not have any grounds to reject my request.The provision is there for the information to be given and I could have put on some pressure since I felt that their solicitors had been lying to me about having spoken to my local police when they hadn't. I proposed to take the solicitor to the law society but my solicitor wouldn't hear of it (he was paid by my house insurance too). Well, after two years of writing my case and obtaining the satisfaction of a few grand from DVLA, I decided to take his advice and drop it.

When I have asked people to PM me it is to get more specific information from people who have already posted. I need these more specific details to help me progress in my case. Anyone who does PM me who had not already posted on the site I will encourage to do so. I wasn't laying down rules Meesh and you are welcome to invite PMs if you feel this is more direct. I actually can understand that some people are happier to PM than they are to write openly so I agree you may obtain more response. Obviously however, information shared in this manner will not assist other members as it will remain private.

"Meesh mentions his lawyers" - small point Meesh stands for Michelle. My humble and most abject apologies madam; I should have twigged that I suppose.....

Brigatti -
As I live in Scotland I can not be part of a class action - the law does not alow for this.

I am in a fortunate position that I have legal cover under my home insurance policy so they cover all my legal costs (Norwhich Union home plan plus) so I am happy and able to go all the way with Renault.
I hope they were quicker than my insurers to nominate a lawyer for you. Mine took several weeks (a couple of months actually) by which time my vendors had absconded twice and although I found them and had them arrested, they were released because they said they had bought the car in good faith, from tinkers, did not have a receipt, and did not have evidence that they had withdrawn the cash they paid with from a bank account. Good police work, right?

Anyway, I look forward to reading about some progress.
Currently in vass20's garage:
Citroen Relay 2.2 HDi + Citroen C4 1.6 HDi EGS
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome