Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Scenic Electronic parking brake

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 16th October 2013 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thumbs down Scenic Electronic parking brake

Hi all,
just joined to express my disgust at Renault seeming ignorance at the faulty electronic parking brake.
Bought my scenic 2010 model a year ago second hand. Put it in for MOT and service, needed 2 new front tyres. Cost me 380.00 all together. Just drove it out the garage when wham! The electronic parking brake does not automatically release. As this is all I've ever used, it took me some time to work out how to release it manually. Took it back to my garage, had a blazing row with the mechanic who declared it wasn't their fault. Took it to the people we bought the car from, they performed diagnostic tests and declared it un fixable by them, I would have to take it to main dealers. It goes in tomorrow. I am very unhappy, having read the horror stories about this problem. Luckily I am 3 days inside the warranty, so it should be free. BUT Renault should be doing all repairs for free whether in warranty or not, because, this is OBVIOUSLY a DESIGN FAULT.
Currently in chameleon's garage:
2010 Renault scenic
  5 Lastest Threads by chameleon
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Scenic Electronic parking brake Brakes/Hubs chameleon 2 1010 16th October 2013 11:14 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome