Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #248 of (permalink) Old 10th December 2006
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by vass20 View Post
I hope they were quicker than my insurers to nominate a lawyer for you. Mine took several weeks (a couple of months actually) by which time my vendors had absconded twice and although I found them and had them arrested, they were released because they said they had bought the car in good faith, from tinkers, did not have a receipt, and did not have evidence that they had withdrawn the cash they paid with from a bank account. Good police work, right?

Anyway, I look forward to reading about some progress.
My lawyer appointed was straight away and they had made contact with me within two days of being appointed. They have all the info and as far as I know have put a claim to Renault. I was impressed at how quickly they have acted on it all as I had heard it may be a lengthy process. I shall let you all know the reply made to my lawyer, they were given twenty days from yesterday so hopefully will have some more news early in the New Year.

Your case sounds shocking, it is unbelievable what people seem to be able to get away with these days. Glad you got some redress from the DVLA over it.
Currently in Meesh's garage:
2003 Renault Clio Billabong
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome