Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - New Laguna II MP3 changer disc formats

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 24th October 2005 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
I hate to be one of those people who bumps his own threads (well at least I'm not doing it within a few hours of my original posting) but the car comes in two days, and I'm itching to get 'burning.'

I know there were a lot of questions, but if anyone can answer any of them, it'd be a big help. I'm about to break the seal on a new box of CD-RW media, so the biggy right now is whether or not the player can handle CD-RW (I'll be very disappointed if it can't.)

To ST:
Sorry, I missed your follow-up until now.

I don't think I'll be going to any other format besides MP3 anytime soon. I've just updated my 'Single artist music albums' folder, and I'm a handful short of having 200 discs in there - all at 192k fixed bitrate and all ripped from original discs (that I still own) using Lame. On top of that, I'd guess that I have 60-100 compilation, classical and comedy CD's that I haven't catalogued properly yet. I probably have most of them ripped already, but need to sort them and fill in the blanks.

Don't tell my boss, but ripping this lot was probably instrumental in the untimely demise of my last-but-one notebook PC. The DVD combo drive died on it, though it had to be said that the PC was already misbehaving in other ways. I don't see me re-ripping them all anytime soon - well not unless I want to kiss goodbye to another notebook.

Looks-wise, if it's any consolation, I envy you in that department. I think the car's lost a lot of its personality in the facelift - I particularly liked the front of the old one, provided that it was in a colour that contrasted well with the aluminium trim above the radiator grille. I'm not keen on what they've done with the tail lights on the new one either - I'm contemplating a set of Lexus lights (I still like them, even if I am far too old to have them) or alternatively might even go down to the scrappy's and buy a set of rear clusters of the old design.

But no, I don't want to swap, so don't even ask
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome